WHO WE ARE
GETI is about training, mentoring and starting new green businesses. We offer two tracks of training and development:
- Energy Efficiency Skills Training
- Green Enterprise Small Business Development
Waltham Community outreach for stimulating demand for home energy audits and weatherization
GETI works with several key partners in our region:
- Waltham West Chamber of Commerce
- Massachusetts Office of Small Business Development
- Massachusetts Workforce Development Office serving the Metro Southwest Region
- Chapman Construction and Design Inc.
- Minuteman Regional Technical/Career Center
- Local colleges and universities
WHAT WE DO:
GETI serves local communities and the metro-southwest region in several strategic ways:
- Through creation of transitional training for careers in energy efficiency and retrofitting
- Through saving homeowners on energy costs which results in increase spending power or other essentials
- Through stimulating new businesses in energy and environmental advancement
- Through contributing to the national goals of reducing carbon emissions from residential fuel use
Seeking to contribute to the global challenge by adopting solutions for clean energy use and reduction of CO2 emissions, the GETI program is designed to merge the needs of a underutilized labor force in the development of green jobs and green enterprise start up businesses. Training is both classroom demonstration and field site training at residential sites.
ABOUT CHARLES RIVER MUSEUM OF INDUSTRY & INNOVATION:
The Charles River Museum of Industry & Innovation (CRMI) is the site of the first integrated factory in America in 1814 and was a catalyst for the beginning of the American Industrial Revolution.
Today, GETI continues the spirit of revolution and change as we support the Green Revolution with the promise of green jobs and new energy efficiency businesses.